Wear Umpire Ball Bag on Side of Throwing ArmApr 16th, 2013
This is a good tip for beginners but sometimes overlooked.
Two bags or one? If you are new to umpiring, you are likely umpiring at a youth level. There, you are likely only to have a few balls provided per game. Therefore one umpire ball bag should do.
If you wear one, make sure to wear it on the side of your throwing arm. Makes sense, right? Beats taking it out with one hand and passing to your throwing hand before handing it to the catcher or throwing to the pitcher.
- Watch Jim Kirk’s Webinar on ‘Uniform & Safety’ for British Baseball Federation & European Umpires
- Two Key Strategies for Staying Cool in Hot Games
- Top 10 Trending New Umpire Gear & Apparel of 2020
- What Umpire Protective Gear MiLB Umpire Training Academy Students are Wearing
- Top 7 Products to Help You Beat the Heat
- How to Attach A Wilson Premium Replacement Harness to Your Wilson Umpire Chest Protector
- Top 10 Ranking of Umpire Gear and Apparel This Month
- Top 10 Trending New Umpire Gear of 2018
- Uniform and Equipment Essentials for New Umpires
About the Author
President Jim Kirk
Jim has a heart for sports officials and is a leading expert on umpire gear, safety and apparel. After playing baseball at Centre College, he worked as a high school umpire during the Elbeco shirt years. He became involved in E-Commerce while working on an MBA in the early 2000s and bought Ump-Attire.com in 2006. Jim is proud of Ump-Attire.com's success, staff and support for multiple groups including Minor League Baseball Umpires, Minor League Baseball Umpire Training Academy, the Wounded Warriors Umpire Academy and UMPS CARE, the charity of MLB umpires. He served on the UMPS CARE board of directors and was named their 2015 Ambassador Award recipient.