PRODUCT ALERT: MLB Logo vs NB Logo on New Balance Umpire ShoesDec 12th, 2019
Updated 2/10/2020: MLB has extended its contract with New Balance to be the official on-field plate & base umpire shoes for the 2020 season.
What this means for you is this. The MLB logo remains on the tongue of our current & limited stock of V3 plate shoes and the new V3 base shoes.
V3 plate and base shoes stock arriving after this date for the 2020 season will have the NB logo or no logo on the tongue.
Same great shoe. Different logo on the tongue.
- New Balance to Continue with 4 of 8 Umpire Shoe Models
- How-To Make Excess Shoelaces Disappear into NB Plate Shoes
- Plate Shoes PSA: Avoiding a Potential Rip
- The V3 vs V2: New Balance's Umpire Base Shoes Improvements Summarized
- When Your Reebok Magistrate and Zig Umpire Shoes are Zapped Out
- MLB Collection 2018 All-Star Lineup of Top-Ranked Umpire Gear & Apparel
- No Longer Offering Mouth Guards for Umpires
- Q & A on New Balance Umpire Plate Shoes
About the Author
President Jim Kirk
Jim is a leading expert, educator and author on umpire gear, safety & appearance. After playing baseball at Centre College, he worked as a high school umpire. He became involved in E-Commerce while working on an MBA in the early 2000s and bought Ump-Attire.com in 2006, He eventually led it to the leading umpire gear & attire retailer worldwide, a “Best Places to Work in Louisville” honor in 2020 & 2021 and a National Association of Sports Officials (NASO) Preferred Vendor. He maintained a long-standing relationship with Minor League Baseball Umpire Development & Training Academy for 10 years. He serves as an adviser to UMPS CARE Charities, the charity of MLB umpires, served as a 2-term board of director from 2012-2018, and was named their 2015 Ambassador Award recipient. A supporter since the inception of the Wounded Warrior Umpire Academy, he was named to their Board of Directors in 2020.