Force3 Makes Changes to the V2 Defender Umpire MaskJul 6th, 2017
The Force3 Second Generation Defender Umpire Mask and its Replacement Pads have undergone two changes. The mask still features the 3-Spring design to reduce force of impact.
1. Full-grain leather insert added to lower mask pad
- The Kevlar lined mask pads were previously wrapped fully in vinyl, possibly causing discomfort where the pad rested on the users face. The full-grain leather is more absorbent than the vinyl that was previously used.
- The leather insert is tan for both tan and black Force3 mask pads. The insert cannot be seen when the mask is being worn.
- Leather inserts were also added to the Force3 V2 Replacement Mask Pads.
2. Force3 logo is a solid color on the mask pads and harness.
- The Force3 logo is now printed directly onto the lower mask pad rather than having an embroidered patch sewn on.
- Tan pads feature an all black logo. Black pads feature an all white logo.
- The logo on the back of the harness has also been changed to be all white.
- Best Lightweight Umpire Mask - Ranked by Weight
- What Umpire Protective Gear MiLB Umpire Training Academy Students are Wearing
- You’re Wearing Your Throat Guard Wrong ~ How to Fix It
- Crew How To: Replacing Your Umpire Mask Harness
- Force3 Side-by-Side Comparisons: Shoe vs Plate Shoe Bag
- Meet Mark Lollo, Inventor of the Dry-Lo Umpire Ball Bag
- How's Your "Sock Game?"
- Jim Evans Talks About Force3 Defender Umpire Face Mask
About the Author
Pro School Umpire Graduate Josh Mann
A native of Chicago, Josh graduated from the University of Arizona with degrees in Economy & Industry and Sports Management. He attended the Minor League Baseball Umpire Training Academy and Harry Wendelstedt Umpire School, umpired in the Frontier Professional Baseball League, and worked in the Chicago Cubs Organization. Josh enjoys baseball, hockey, golf and spending time with his dog Wrigley. He spent 4 years as Ump-Attire.com’s marketing assistant and recently relocated to Arizona.
Be the first to comment on this article!