MLB Umpires, Friends and Partners Participate in 2016 100-Hole Golf MarathonNov 13th, 2016
UMPS CARE Charities 100-Hole Golf Marathon Fundraiser was held November 13, 2016 in Mesa, Arizona. MLB Umpires, friends and partners - including our very own Scott Kennedy - raised over $46,000.
This year's list of MLB umpires participating included:
Plus MiLB umpires in the Arizona Fall League
Scott appreciates the donors that helped him raise $1,161 and UMPS CARE.
Scott said of the event:
"We'd like to say THANK YOU to UMPS CARE Charities for the AMAZING event they held in Phoenix this weekend. We are blessed to be affiliated with a 1st Class organization in all that they do & help with their mission. We had a BLAST!"
Scott and MLB Umpire Ted Barrett are Best Ball 2-Man Champions
Learn more about UMPS CARE Charities and their programs by visiting www.umpscare.com.
"Helping People is an Easy Call"
- Major League Baseball announces 2016 Post Season Assignments
- Scott Kennedy Goes LIVE in Facebook Announcement on September Giveaways - Blows Up Internet
- Encounter with the Legendary Joe Brinkman at the Umps Care Golf Classic
- Umps Care Charities Presents Jim with Ambassador Award
- D1 Umpire Scott Kennedy Represents at NCAA Umpire Clinic Chicago
- Jim's Day with Jim Joyce at UMPS CARE Golf Classic
- UMPS CARE Charities Has New Executive Director
- Fake Umps Sighting at UMPS CARE Event
About the Author
President/CEO of Score 451 Sports, LLC and Ump-Attire.com Jim Kirk
Jim has had a passion for sports since he can remember. After playing baseball at Centre College, he worked as a high school umpire in Southeastern Kentucky - during the Elbeco shirt years - as a way to make ends meet. He became involved in E-Commerce while working on an MBA in the early 2000s and eventually bought Ump-Attire.com in 2006. Jim is proud of Ump-Attire.com's success, staff and sponsorship of various groups including Minor League Baseball Umpires, Minor League Baseball Umpire Training Academy and UMPS CARE, the charity of MLB umpires. He currently serves on their board of directors and was named their 2015 Ambassador Award recipient. Jim has also coached youth baseball many years and currently coaches middle school baseball at Christian Academy of Louisville. He lives in Louisville with his wife Lori, daughter Lydia and son Ben.