Fox 40 and More Referee Whistles by Decibel LevelAug 22nd, 2015
If you are looking for the best referee whistle, let's go with decibel level as an objective criteria.
- And the winner is:
Fox 40 Sonik Blast: 120+
- Fox 40 Fuziun: 118
- Fox 40 Classic, EPIK and Classic Eclipse: 115
- Fox 40 Mini: 109
- Fox 40 Pearl: 90
Note that a finger or cushioned mouth grip will not affect decibel level.
- The V3 vs V2: New Balance's Umpire Base Shoes Improvements Summarized
- Force3 Side-by-Side Comparisons: Shoe vs Plate Shoe Bag
- Hear Fox 40 Referee Whistles Online
- Fingergrip Whistle or with a Lanyard? Officials Offer Pros/Cons to Beginners
About the Author
President Jim Kirk
Jim has a heart for sports officials and is one of world’s top experts on umpire gear, apparel and safety. After playing baseball at Centre College, he worked as a high school umpire during the Elbeco shirt years. He became involved in E-Commerce while working on an MBA in the early 2000s and bought Ump-Attire.com in 2006. Jim is proud of Ump-Attire.com's success, staff and support for multiple groups including Minor League Baseball Umpires, Minor League Baseball Umpire Training Academy, the Wounded Warriors Umpire Academy and UMPS CARE, the charity of MLB umpires. He served on the UMPS CARE board of directors and was named their 2015 Ambassador Award recipient.