Ty Unthank Shows How-To Clean & Polish Your Umpire & Referee ShoesFeb 19th, 2020
Many of you have asked:
- "How do I clean my umpire shoes?"
- "What kind of soap should I use?"
- "How do I keep my shoes looking shiny?"
- "How do I keep the white on my shoes white?"
- "How hard is it to clean dirt out of the mesh?"
- "What shoe polish should I use?"
Featured in the video is Pedag Premium Shoe Polish, Horsehair Brush and Shine Sponge. We love Pedag because it offers an all-in-one tube, polish and sponge applicator. Not only does it provide long-lasting protection and shine, it is a breeze to use and just as simple to store.
You'll notice in the videos it is recommended black Pedag polish for umpire and referee shoes that are predominantly black (plate shoes and all-black field shoes); and clear polish for shoes that have some white (base / field shoes with white). Great advice!
For more "Crew How-To" Umpire Video Tips, visit our YouTube Channel.
- Crew How-To: Pack Your Umpire Equipment Bag
- Injury Prevention & Recovery: The Essential Umpire Safety PSAs
- Crew How-To: Improve Your Umpire Mask Harness Appearance
- You’re Wearing Your Throat Guard Wrong ~ How to Fix It
- Crew How To: Replacing Your Umpire Mask Harness
- Crew How-To: Properly Install Wrap Around Pads on Your Umpire Mask
- Now Offering Nike & Asics for Sports Officials
- Extending the Life of Your Officiating Shoes!
About the Author
President Jim Kirk
Jim has a heart for sports officials and is a leading expert on umpire gear, safety and apparel. After playing baseball at Centre College, he worked as a high school umpire during the Elbeco shirt years. He became involved in E-Commerce while working on an MBA in the early 2000s and bought Ump-Attire.com in 2006. Jim is proud of Ump-Attire.com's success, staff and support for multiple groups including Minor League Baseball Umpires, Minor League Baseball Umpire Training Academy, the Wounded Warriors Umpire Academy and UMPS CARE, the charity of MLB umpires. He served on the UMPS CARE board of directors and was named their 2015 Ambassador Award recipient.