The newest generation of the Force3 Defender Umpire Face Mask is the lightest one yet.
After many years of designing, prototyping and testing, Force3 is proud to introduce the next generation of baseball and softball umpire face masks, the Force3 Defender. The Defender is truly an amazing technological creation that will revolutionize equipment forever.
Independent tests conducted by one of the four independent National Operating Committee on Standards for Athletic Equipment (NOCSAE) approved testing facilities in the world, concluded that nothing comes close to the protection provided by the Defender. With virtually the same footprint of a traditional mask, the Defender’s patented technology reduces frontal impact forces in most cases.
G-Forces were also reduced with impressive results. Tests included impacts by 70mph softballs and 100mph baseballs.
- Lightweight tubular chrome alloy
- Patent pending dual mask system with the Shock Suspension System (S3)
- Single bar construction for optimal view
- 3-Spring Second Generation design
- 4 different high-impact foam padding construction with special memory comfort foam on chin and sides
- Pads Lined with DuPont™ Kevlar®.*
- Lower pad lined on the inside with full grain leather
- Powder coated for superior finish
- Weighs 1lb 8oz
- Includes one-size-fits-all standard harness made of heavy duty nylon with stretch elastic providing extra comfort
- Color: black frame with gray pads
- Defender by Force3
*NOCSAE® does not have umpire mask standards, and that these masks have not been certified as compliant with any NOCSAE® standard.
*The DuPont oval, DuPont™, and Kevlar® are trademarks or registered trademarks of E.I. du Pont de Nemours and Company or its affiliates.