Our Impact with International Umpires Continues to GrowFeb 5th, 2020
We have always been proud to give back where and when there is a need.
We have donated umpire pants to the Cuban Pro League for a mission trip MLB umpire Ted Barrett spearheaded through Calling for Christ.
We have shipped shirts and accessories to Jorge Bauza for distribution to amateur leagues in Latin America.
We continue to sponsor the Caribbean World Series that has umpires from the Dominican Republic, Mexico, Puerto Rico, Panama, Columbia and Venezuela.
We sponsored our first camp outside of the U.S. in 2019, the Canadian Baseball Umpire Camp.
Indeed, we have a heart for sports officials here and abroad. Canada, Japan and Australia make up over half of our international shipments. We shipped to 31 total countries in 2019 of which Germany, France, Italy, United Kingdom, New Zealand and Taiwan constituted the most of the rest.
We recently expanded our international involvement with a relationship with Umpires without Borders. Their mission is to give umpires around the world gear, clothing, education and training in countries where resources are limited.
Already through that organization, we have donated shirts to the Ekiti Kete Little League umpire group in Nigeria, Africa.
For more information about Umpires without Borders, visit umpireswithoutborders.com/
- Smitty Making Cloth Masks - Buy One, Donate One Program
- Silbo Partners with Ump-Attire.com as Exclusive Gear & Apparel Provider
- The Official 2020-2021 MiLB Umpire Uniform
- Caribbean World Series Umpires Showcase Their Skills in San Juan
- Ump-Attire.com is a Proud Sponsor of the Coastal Plain League
- Battlefields to Ballfields Partners with Ump-Attire.com as Official Equipment & Shoe Provider
- Wounded Warrior Umpire Academy - Supporting Our Veterans On and Off the Field
- Smitty Officials Apparel Named the Supplier of 5 NCAA Championships
About the Author
President Jim Kirk
Jim has a heart for sports officials and is a leading expert on umpire gear, safety and apparel. After playing baseball at Centre College, he worked as a high school umpire during the Elbeco shirt years. He became involved in E-Commerce while working on an MBA in the early 2000s and bought Ump-Attire.com in 2006. Jim is proud of Ump-Attire.com's success, staff and support for multiple groups including Minor League Baseball Umpires, Minor League Baseball Umpire Training Academy, the Wounded Warriors Umpire Academy and UMPS CARE, the charity of MLB umpires. He served on the UMPS CARE board of directors and was named their 2015 Ambassador Award recipient.