RefSmart Universal Game Day Timer Now Compatible for College BaseballJan 23rd, 2020
RefSmart has updated the Universal Game Day Timer to be used in conjunction with the NCAA Pitch/Between Innings Clock Protocol.
Pitchers will have 20 seconds to deliver the pitch (without runners on base). Teams will have 120 seconds from the final out of the inning to the first pitch of the next inning. When there is no on-field clock, the base umpire is responsible to keep time.
When set for baseball, the RefSmart Timer functions:
- 20 Second Timer (Toggle Up): Warning vibration with 5 seconds remaining. Continuous vibration (lasting 5 seconds) when the timer has reached 20 seconds
- 120 Second Timer (Toggle Down): Warning vibration with 30 seconds remaining and with 15 seconds remaining. Continuous vibration at 0:00.
NOTE: All timers come programmed at 25/40 (for football). Click here for instructions to change the timer settings.
- New NCAA Softball Umpires Uniform for the 2022 Season
- The NCAA Baseball Super Regionals Umpire Uniform by Smitty
- 2019 Top 10 College Baseball Umpire Uniform Attire
- 2019 What NCAA Umpires Most Want - Top Trending Gear & Apparel
- Enforcing the New NCAA Speed Up Rule Requires Proper Timing
- 2nd Annual Top 5 What NCAA Umpires Most Want
- An Equipment Supplier's View of the NCAA Umpire Clinics in Baltimore, Chicago and Nashville
- We Discover in Nashville the Top 5 Items NCAA Umpires Want
About the Author
Pro School Umpire Graduate Josh Mann
A native of Chicago, Josh graduated from the University of Arizona with degrees in Economy & Industry and Sports Management. He attended the Minor League Baseball Umpire Training Academy and Harry Wendelstedt Umpire School, umpired in the Frontier Professional Baseball League, and worked in the Chicago Cubs Organization. Josh enjoys baseball, hockey, golf and spending time with his dog Wrigley. He spent 4 years as Ump-Attire.com’s marketing assistant and recently relocated to Arizona.