CDC Guidelines Updated for Masks & GaitersNov 2nd, 2020
The CDC updated its CDC guidelines on masks & gaiters on 10.29.20. See their link here for details.
- Sports Officiating Resources & the Coronavirus Pandemic
- High School & Middle School Associations Decisions on Fall Sports
- The (Nearly) Definitive State-by-State Guide on Sports Re-Openings
- Smitty Making Cloth Masks - Buy One, Donate One Program
- FROM THE ASHES: How Thomas Edison Inspired Our Company to Survive the 2020 Sports Shutdown
- Electronic Referee Whistles As Alternative for Sports Officials During COVID-19
- Social Distancing Behind Home Plate: Could This Solution Provide the Best Compromise for Umpires, Leagues & Safety?
- Calling Balls/Strikes from Behind the Mound? Follow an Easy Safety Tip
About the Author
President Jim Kirk
Jim is a leading expert, educator and author on umpire gear, safety & appearance. After playing baseball at Centre College, he worked as a high school umpire. He became involved in E-Commerce while working on an MBA in the early 2000s and bought Ump-Attire.com in 2006, He eventually led it to the leading umpire gear & attire retailer worldwide, a “Best Places to Work in Louisville” honor in 2020 & 2021 and a National Association of Sports Officials (NASO) Preferred Vendor. He maintained a long-standing relationship with Minor League Baseball Umpire Development & Training Academy for 10 years. He serves as an adviser to UMPS CARE Charities, the charity of MLB umpires, served as a 2-term board of director from 2012-2018, and was named their 2015 Ambassador Award recipient. A supporter since the inception of the Wounded Warrior Umpire Academy, he was named to their Board of Directors in 2020.