Ump-Attire.com Survey Reveals Changing Fabric Standards for Umpire PantsAug 3rd, 2018
Poly spandex umpire pants, in just their third year on the market have become the new standard compared to poly wool and polyester, per a recent Twitter poll.
We asked Twitter followers "What fabric do you prefer for your umpire pants?"
As seen below, a large majority of umpires prefer the new poly spandex material over the traditional options.
NCAA baseball and MiLB approved poly spandex in addition to poly wool for 2018. MiLB will move exclusively to poly spandex in 2019.
- VIDEO: We Went "Beyond the Basics" at the NASO Summit @Home with 5 Officials Sporting Goods Trends
- Plate Pants Catching on Your Umpire Shin Guards? The Fix is as Smooth as Silk
- Top 15 Trending Summer Umpire Gear & Apparel
- Female Umpires Committee to Advise on Gear & Clothing Needs
- Umpires Polled Trust NuttyBuddy Cup the Most Behind the Plate
- The New Standard in Umpire Numbers is Here
- MLB Style Shirts and Poly Spandex Umpire Pants Approved by Major NCAA Conferences
- Facebook Poll: What Umpire Pants Are You Wearing?
About the Author
Marketing Assistant, Pro School Umpire Graduate Josh Mann
A native of Chicago, Josh graduated from the University of Arizona with degrees in Economy & Industry and Sports Management. He attended the Minor League Baseball Umpire Training Academy and Harry Wendelstedt Umpire School, umpired in the Frontier Professional Baseball League and worked in the Chicago Cubs Organization. Josh enjoys baseball, hockey, golf and spending time with his dog Wrigley.