Jim is Named to UMPS CARE Charities Board of DirectorsJul 10th, 2012
UMPS CARE Charities was established by (MLB) umpires to provide financial, in-kind and emotional support for America’s youth and families in need.
Recent additions to the board are James Bowman, Joe Cunningham and Ump-Attire.com President/CEO Jim Kirk.
About the board appointment, Jim said,
"I am a big believer that everyone can make a difference in the lives of others. Who people are, where they are located, and what profession they are in, all provides unique opportunities to make a difference.
UMPS CARE Charities provides an opportunity for the umpiring profession, a profession that often has a negative persona, to show a positive, human side. I believe it’s the positive side that is closer to reality.
I look forward to supporting that and the inspiration that UMPS Care Charities provides for umpire associations at all levels to become more involved in charities locally."
Samuel Dearth, executive director of UMPS CARE Charities said,
For more information about UMPS CARE Charities, visit www.umpscare.com.
- Wounded Warrior Umpire Academy to Host 1st Annual Virtual Summit
- "The Dish" on HeatShields Shoe Inserts
- Wounded Warrior Umpire Academy Names President Jim Kirk to Board of Directors
- Watch Jim Kirk’s Webinar on ‘Uniform & Safety’ for British Baseball Federation & European Umpires
- From Little League to Ump-Attire.com President, Hometown Article Highlights Jim Kirk’s Sports Career
- Update Message from President Jim Kirk on COVID-19 and Business Operations
- President Jim Kirk is the Featured Guest on UMPLIFE's Gotta Ask!
- Encounter with the Legendary Joe Brinkman at the Umps Care Golf Classic
- Umps Care Charities Presents Jim with Ambassador Award
About the Author
President Jim Kirk
Jim is a leading expert, educator and author on umpire gear, safety & appearance. After playing baseball at Centre College, he worked as a high school umpire. He became involved in E-Commerce while working on an MBA in the early 2000s and bought Ump-Attire.com in 2006, He eventually led it to the leading umpire gear & attire retailer worldwide and a “Best Places to Work in Louisville” honor in 2020 & 2021. He maintains long-standing relationships with Minor League Baseball Umpire Development & Training Academy and the National Association of Sports Officials (NASO). He serves as an adviser to UMPS CARE Charities, the charity of MLB umpires, served as a 2-term board of director from 2012-2018, and was named their 2015 Ambassador Award recipient. A supporter since the inception of the Wounded Warrior Umpire Academy, he was named to their Board of Directors in 2020.