Umps Care Charities Presents Jim with Ambassador AwardFeb 26th, 2015
Each year at the Umps Care Charities signature event and Golf Classic, they honor an individual who is not an MLB umpire for their "outstanding commitment to our cause" through their Ambassador Award.
Past recipients have included former director Samuel Dearth and board members Dan McGinnis and Joe Cunningham.
This year, I was honored and humbled to win this award. Jim Reynolds, President of Umps Care Charities presented me with this award and said some awfully nice things.
I will admit I was not prepared but did give the reason I support Umps Care and feel why others should also (in so may words).
"I support Umps Care because it does things I can not do on behalf of kids in the game of baseball. Providing tickets to kids in need and giving them a behind-the-scenes tour is something I can not do. Showing up at hospitals all across the country and providing baseball experiences to sick children is something I can not do...but I can support what they do, that no other charity or myself can."
What I did not share and will here is I could not have received this award alone. Without the support of customers who buy products, we would not have the money to support Umps Care through donations each year. Without the support of my staff, I would not be able to take time out to serve on the board of Umps Care Charities.
So thanks to everyone - including the MLB umpires who honored me and who work so hard to contribute to those in need.
- 2020 Brings Crew Lineup Changes for Best Team Ever
- UMPLIFE Executive Bag Named "Official Travel Bag" of Ump-Attire.com Staff
- Wounded Warrior Umpire Academy to Host 1st Annual Virtual Summit
- "The Dish" on HeatShields Shoe Inserts
- Wounded Warrior Umpire Academy Names President Jim Kirk to Board of Directors
- Watch Jim Kirk’s Webinar on ‘Uniform & Safety’ for British Baseball Federation & European Umpires
- From Little League to Ump-Attire.com President, Hometown Article Highlights Jim Kirk’s Sports Career
- Update Message from President Jim Kirk on COVID-19 and Business Operations
- President Jim Kirk is the Featured Guest on UMPLIFE's Gotta Ask!
About the Author
President Jim Kirk
Jim is a leading expert, educator and author on umpire gear, safety & appearance. After playing baseball at Centre College, he worked as a high school umpire. He became involved in E-Commerce while working on an MBA in the early 2000s and bought Ump-Attire.com in 2006, He eventually led it to the leading umpire gear & attire retailer worldwide, a “Best Places to Work in Louisville” honor in 2020 & 2021 and a National Association of Sports Officials (NASO) Preferred Vendor. He maintained a long-standing relationship with Minor League Baseball Umpire Development & Training Academy for 10 years. He serves as an adviser to UMPS CARE Charities, the charity of MLB umpires, served as a 2-term board of director from 2012-2018, and was named their 2015 Ambassador Award recipient. A supporter since the inception of the Wounded Warrior Umpire Academy, he was named to their Board of Directors in 2020.