Early Season Umpire Gear Product News and UpdatesMar 17th, 2016
In an attempt to be more transparent than we already are, here are some random updates on umpire gear and happenings at Ump-Attire.com during one of our busiest seasons ever.
force3 becomes our 3rd largest brand by number of items
Now with 20+ items, below are 2 of the latest we are most excited about.
- Force3 v2 Ultimate Umpire Chest Protector (as of 2018, updated to Force3 v3 Ultimate Umpire Chest Protector)
With several improvements over version 1, including an additional layer of hard-shell, we are impressed with this virtually-invisible (at least under the uniform) innovation that takes the sting experienced by those wearing the older CP.
- Force3 Protective Tights
I can't count the number of suppliers who did a prototype of protective tights - after McDavid discontinued theirs - only to not follow-through. Now preventing bruises one pair at a time.
Best new upgrades
- Force3 Chest Protector Harness
A great alternative to larger guys who have found the Delta Flex harness not long enough. The Force3 harness is similar and longer.
- Trips Cards
Problems with re-writability of Dalco trips cards, prompted by several low reviews, led us to discontinue those and bring on the nicer, more detailed RefSmart Trips and Info Card.
PRODUCTS THAT ARE BACK
- Wilson Wrap-Around Mask Replacement Pads in Black
Back available after we considered discontinuing. Enough of you have asked for these not to supply them.
Newly Discontinued Items
- NFHS Rulebook and CCA Manuals
We have discontinued these and no longer have any in stock. The super-slim profit margin tied with not-so-many sales and the fact each product required yearly updates no longer worked for us. If you need them, head on over to the good people at Referee Magazine where they have a large selection of all kinds of training materials.
- THE DISH: All-Star Sporting Goods Cobalt Line Reveal
- "The Dish" on HeatShields Shoe Inserts
- Inventors of HeatShields Serve All Walks of Life Through Cooler Feet
- Top 10 Trending New Umpire Gear & Apparel of 2020
- PRODUCT ALERT: MLB Logo vs NB Logo on New Balance Umpire Shoes
- The V3 vs V2: New Balance's Umpire Base Shoes Improvements Summarized
- Top 7 Mid-Season Trending New Football Referee Gear & Apparel
- Top 8 Summer Trending New Umpire Gear & Apparel
- NoSweat Cap and Helmet Liners Featured in Referee Magazine
About the Author
President Jim Kirk
Jim is a leading expert, educator and author on umpire gear, safety & appearance. After playing baseball at Centre College, he worked as a high school umpire during the Elbeco shirt years. He became involved in E-Commerce while working on an MBA in the early 2000s and bought Ump-Attire.com in 2006, He eventually led it to the leading umpire gear & attire retailer worldwide and a “Best Places to Work in Louisville” honor in 2020. He maintains long-standing relationships with Minor League Baseball Umpire Development & Training Academy and the National Association of Sports Officials (NASO). He serves as an adviser to UMPS CARE Charities, the charity of MLB umpires, served as a 2-term board of director from 2012-2018, and was named their 2015 Ambassador Award recipient. A supporter since the inception of the Wounded Warrior Umpire Academy, he was named to their Board of Directors in 2020.