The Dish: Beat The Heat VideoJul 10th, 2019
Along with getting the calls right, staying safe on the field should be an umpire or referees top priority. Heat stroke and exhaustion are no joke. It is important to stay hydrated and take proper steps to recover after a long day out in the heat.
Umpires Scott Kennedy, Ty Unthank and Brandon Lawson share their tips to beat the heat and 7 products that can help all umpires and referees cool down and recover faster.
The Dish: Beat The Heat
ACC, SEC & NCAA Baseball Umpire Scott Kennedy provides you with solutions with two of our staffers, Ty Unthank & Brandon Lawson, that umpire & referee in the extreme heat. These three break down 7 products that can help you during and after your games.
- Service Specialist Ty Unthank Debuts with Product Videos of Shoes and Shoe Care for Umpires & Referees
- Catalyst Cryohelmet Research and Videos
- How to Attach A Wilson Premium Replacement Harness to Your Wilson Umpire Chest Protector
- Two Key Strategies for Staying Cool in Hot Games
- Veteran Umpire Scott Kennedy Shows How-to Clean & Polish Your Plate and Base Shoes
- NoSweat Cap Liners Used by NHL Officials Have Benefits to Umpires and Referees in Other Sports
- CREW HOW-TO: Crease Your Umpire Caps Like The Pros
- Uniform and Equipment Essentials for New Umpires
About the Author
Marketing Assistant, Pro School Umpire Graduate Josh Mann
A native of Chicago, Josh graduated from the University of Arizona with degrees in Economy & Industry and Sports Management. He attended the Minor League Baseball Umpire Training Academy and Harry Wendelstedt Umpire School, umpired in the Frontier Professional Baseball League and worked in the Chicago Cubs Organization. Josh enjoys baseball, hockey, golf and spending time with his dog Wrigley.