Scott Interviews MLB World Series Umpire & Crew Chief Ted BarrettFeb 9th, 2017
One of our favorite MLB Umpires, the Reverend Dr. Ted Barrett talks with our very own Scott Kennedy during a meet-up while at the MiLB Umpire Training Academy and discusses the World Series, no-hitters, UmpsCare Charities and how to move up the system in umpiring.
See the video below.
Exclusive: An Interview with MLB World Series Umpire & Crew Chief Ted Barrett
- Ump-Attire.com Launches New YouTube Channel
- Major League Baseball announces 2016 Post Season Assignments
- Force3 Defender Umpire Mask Worn by 2016 All-Star Game Crew Chief
- Encounter with the Legendary Joe Brinkman at the Umps Care Golf Classic
- Which Umpire Shin Guards Do Umpire School Students Wear?
- Meet Mark Lollo, Inventor of the Dry-Lo Umpire Ball Bag
- Minor League Baseball's Umpire Plate Work Checklist
- MLB Umpires Jeff Nelson and Ted Barrett at The Umpire School
About the Author
President/CEO of Score 451 Sports, LLC and Ump-Attire.com Jim Kirk
Jim has had a passion for sports since he can remember. After playing baseball at Centre College, he worked as a high school umpire in Southeastern Kentucky - during the Elbeco shirt years - as a way to make ends meet. He became involved in E-Commerce while working on an MBA in the early 2000s and eventually bought Ump-Attire.com in 2006. Jim is proud of Ump-Attire.com's success, staff and sponsorship of various groups including Minor League Baseball Umpires, Minor League Baseball Umpire Training Academy and UMPS CARE, the charity of MLB umpires. He currently serves on their board of directors and was named their 2015 Ambassador Award recipient. Jim has also coached youth baseball many years and currently coaches middle school baseball at Christian Academy of Louisville. He lives in Louisville with his wife Lori, daughter Lydia and son Ben.