The sound of a whistle at the press of a button. Featured in December 2007 issue of Referee Magazine.
Advantages of an Electronic Whistles
- Loud, consistent sound every time, even if user is short of breath or injured.
- Easier for referees and coaches to give verbal commands without a whistle in user’s mouth
- Whistle sound always “at the ready” to stop play or practice.
- Each set of AAA Batteries produces more than 1000 blasts.
- Loud 105-dB Whistle sound can be aimed in the exact direction intended, and away from user.
- Improved Hygiene – Hand operated instead of mouth blown is sanitary, even for multi users.
- 3 tones include pealess whistle tone
- 4 way switch includes setting for off and then 1 each for each type of tone. Tones include pealess tone and 2 others that can be used for mutli-field play where players can benefit from differentiate between whistle sounds.
- Wrist lanyard included
John W. Page, Jr., Richmond, Virginia High School Football Official with 22+ Years (10.14.07)
"I have been using the Three Tone Electronic Whistle for 2 weeks now and I love it. I get winded at times and this allows me to whistle when I need to.
There are 3 things that could be addressed. Of the 3 tones, only 1 is usable on the field #1. It could also be a little louder although all my fellow officials said they could hear it. And, the button has a tendency to stick in the on position at times causing me 'panic' to release it. You have to push it again to get it to stop.
Other than that, it is a great idea and tool for officials. I like the fact that you actually have to think before sounding it and therefore preventing some inadvertent whistles. I'd give it a thumbs up."